A Little About Myself

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kozol examines

While reading Kozols stories in the book Savage Inequalities, so far I have noticed that one aspect that Kozol analyzes is the teachers. As teachers have a role that they play in children's life's, and whatever decisions they make or do in the classroom affect the children's decisions later on in life. Or possibly at that moment it may alter a choice that they have to make on the spot. In the story "Other People's Children", Kozol states a phrase in regards to the teachers and or school board, " They can't read, but give them the diploma. The parents don't know what's going on. They're satisfied." That's wrong by no means should any teacher or faculty in a school settle for less than the best from students. By some teachers not caring it will effect some later on in life. While I attended school I hated math and still do. My seventh grade year I had a teacher who did not care, was never on time , and would just show up to be there and collet the paycheck. This class was my math class, because I seen this over and over I didn't care either and was lucky if I even showed up to class. In result I fell behind in math and in result now in my life it has come back to haunt me in the end. Yes teachers now could try harder, and should take more pride in there students as its more rewarding to both sides and is the right thing to do instead of just giving up because of the neighborhood, parents, and families, or just because that check suits you. And you want to leave a posisitive future for time to come as these kids are the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment