A Little About Myself

Monday, November 1, 2010

Reflection task #3

I have decided on  writing about In "Becoming Educated" by Barbara Jordan, and "In Praise of the F Word", by Marry Sherry. As I also went through trials in education. Mine were not the same as she put in alot of time and work into her education. My education really didn't go to the plus side until now while being in college. While in my middle school years, and high school I had the I don't care attitude towards school, but had high hopes at the time to pursue a career in art. I always took the time during class to work on projects or assignments from Art Instruction Schools. After completion of the Art school in 2003, as well as graduating high school as was at a stand still and did not know were to go from there. As the Art field didn't play out as planned and I didn't take my high school years seriously. Jordan wrote "I could not afford to flunk", throughout my high school years I couldn't afford to flunk, so I did what I had to too get by in school. But for some reason I worked hard and put all my time into art. Now because I am paying the consequence and have to work harder now than ever before while working a full time job. As well as other factors that played out through my school years, some other topics are I was one of two African American kids in one of the schools I was enrolled in. How I was behind after moving from 2 different communities, and cultures. How Being a athlete in school led me to become more educated, after being told the F word.


No comments:

Post a Comment